Captured Memories Photography

My photo
Port St Lucie, Treasure Coast, Vero to Miami, Florida, United States

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pet Photographer : Dogs & Cats Forever No Kill Shelter

I love animals, pets, furry friends.  I've grown up with pets as part of my family my whole life.  They are my "children" and mean so much to me.  They are there for you to make you smile, greet you in the morning as you wake up, super excited when you return home, and good couch buddies while you're watching TV.  Since I value animals I often participate in charities involved in helping animals.  One particular charity I like to help out with is Dogs & Cats Forever No Kill Shelter.  I would just randomly go to the shelter to visit the animals and say hi. After meeting some of the workers and volunteers there, it came up that I was a professional photographer.  They would do a calendar every year to help raise money for the shelter.  But the calendar just had quick snap shots, nothing very thought out or professional looking.  So when I found this out, we talked about me doing the photos for their next calendar.  And I did!  I've photographed their 2011 and 2012 calendars, and will continue to keep doing so as long as they'd like me to.  Ha, what a day, photographing over 12 different cats and dogs for the calendars.  Let's just say 1/3 of the time is spent hugging and cuddling the animals, another 1/3 is me, my assistant and the volunteers trying to get them to sit, stay, look at the camera, and the last 1/3 is actually photographing.  Lol.  But it's so much fun.  And the "models" loves the extra attention.  The hardest part is having to leave them when we're all done.  If only I had a huge farm or won tons of money to have my own shelter to take them all.  So here's the images we used for the Dogs & Cats Forever 2011 calendar.  I will post the 2012 calendar images next.  These calendars helped raise a ton more money than their previous calendars, which makes me feel amazing!

We also love to include your pets in your Family Portrait Sessions.  We will come prepared with squeaky toys and treats.  Hee hee.  So thinking about getting new Family Portraits, why not include "Fido" or "Fluffy"?  After all, it is a "family" portrait.  And if you're missing a "special someone" in your life, why not head on over to the Dogs & Cats Forever Shelter to see if you find your new best friend.  They're located right around the border of Port St Lucie and Ft Pierce on Shelvitz Rd.  Please click on link below for more info.
www.CaptMemPhotos.com
www.dogsandcatsforever.com






No comments: