Captured Memories Photography

My photo
Port St Lucie, Treasure Coast, Vero to Miami, Florida, United States

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Bui Brothers Photography Workshop

Last week I attended a very cool and informative photography workshop by the Bui Brothers.  It's always a good idea no matter what your profession to keep up with the latest techniques and skills.  So from time to time I love to attend professional photography seminars and workshops to help inspire me and to be able to learn from other people's point of views and experiences.  Plus I always meet other friendly photographers with experiences of their own, who make great friends to bounce ideas off of.  The Bui Brothers workshop was on lighting, natural and studio.  We learned some in the classroom first, about some great equipment and some super cool lighting techniques that they use.  Then we went outside to photograph what we just learned on some models.  With the natural light we learned the best spots for the model to stand and for the photographer to stand and how to really make the light work for you, plus some little tricks and tips.  When all you have is the sun to work with, you really have to know how to use it to your best advantage.  Being in Florida, one minute is can be super bright hot sun, then the next a cloudy dark sky, so I need to know what works best in all situations to really make my clients look amazing.  After we used just the natural light we had a couple different studio strobe lighting setups outside.  It's amazing at how many different looks and creative feels you can get from introducing different lights and different power of lighting into your scene.  I personally love using studio lights rather than just natural lighting.  So it was great to experiment with different setups and see the styles I really like best.  After that we ended the day by going back into the classroom to learn some editing techniques.  It was a great day and I enjoyed expanding my knowledge and meeting some great new friends. 

Here are a few photos of me that some of the other photographers who attended took.  I'll post some of the images I got from the day very soon.

No comments: