Captured Memories Photography

My photo
Port St Lucie, Treasure Coast, Vero to Miami, Florida, United States

Friday, February 5, 2010

Photo of the Month - February 2010

For this month's photo I wanted to use one of my still lifes.  I photographed a lot of still life when I was first getting into photography.  Just as portraits can, still life can also tell a story, such as who was here or what just happened, or to tell something personal about a person.  For example when I photograph a bride's jewelry, shoes or bouquet on her wedding day, all of those items and very personal to her.  When looking at those items later on, they will remind her of her special day. 
This particular still life just caught my eye because of the great lines and shadows, and the bold colors.  I moved some of the items around to give it just the look I wanted.  I actually entered this photo into a contest and it won for the Still Life section and was published in a book called "International Photographers".  Yea!  I hope you like it too.


1 comment:

Elle said...

Very nice. You may have to go from photo of the month to photo of the week soon. :)